Friday, June 4, 2010

Iveco Strator

It's a while since I've blogged on the Iveco Strator--the wonderful home-built bonneted behemoth that comes from one of Iveco's Dutch dealers. But thanks to Andrew B, I learn that one has been sent to Ireland. Andrew has forwarded me this picture shot by R Piercy via the website http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6335/ivecoil7.jpg and says: 'I have been told it has been brought by Conor Jennings Truckin from Tullamore Co.Offaly. Does this means the guys who convert them are doing a right-hand-drive version?!? Time to ask my boss if he will let me have one. I can guess his answer though!'

Dutchieep.jpg

And just to show you a Strator without bars here's one shot by my favourite Cloggie Iep van der meer who broke the story of the Strator over here originally in Truck & Driver.

PFL%20Iveco%20PowerStar%20540Cursor2.jpg

And meanwhile here's a shot of the 'official' bonneted tractor from Iveco--the PowerStar, built by Iveco at its Dandenong plant down-under for the Australian and New Zealand markets. The picture is from Rod Simmonds. The bonnted beauty is powered by a Cursor engine or in earlier models by the Cummins Signature